Monday, April 13, 2009

JBL Finished With the WWE


In a recent article by Mike Mooneyham, for the Post and Courier, it was revealed that JBL may not have left the WWE on the best of terms. John Bradshaw Layfield all but confirmed that he would be leaving the WWE for good with his 26 second Intercontinental title loss to Mysterio at WrestleMania 25. JBL was quoted as saying, "I had wanted to make it to WM25 for years, and when injuries cut my career short the one regret I had was that I wouldn’t make the 25th anniversary of Wrestlemania — well, I made it,” on his WWE Universe blog.


JBL continued by saying the following, “Months ago, I picked out this match. If Eddie Guerrero couldn’t be here for it, then my dear friend Rey was the obvious choice, and I’m proud he was,” he said. “From the bottom of my heart, thank you for allowing me to be a part of the great theater we call sports entertainment.” JBL also added that he has no plans to do anything on a professional level with WWE in the future and he’s not going back to commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment